In a recent field trip to Full Sail University, our 3rd/4th grade students explored filmmaking!
During an interactive workshop, students focused on the production and post-production stages of the filming process. With prewritten scripts, pre-set filming locations and professional cameras, students were able to act, direct, and operate cameras to record short videos.
Once filming was complete, students worked collaboratively to edit a final cut of their short narrative film.
Objectives for the workshop included:
• Directing peer actors to perform the lines according to the director’s creative vision
• Performing written lines believably for the camera, considering the creative vision from the director
• Operating the camera effectively to capture the best image for later editing
• Working collaboratively with a team to achieve a common goal
• Editing a film to completion