Table of Contents
The Creation Village High School Program
In grades 9 through 12 of our private, international high school in Central Florida, our mission is to create fulfill each learner's God-created identity by developing inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people. At Creation Village High School, our students seamlessly blend academic studies with practical skills, ensuring a well-rounded education that goes beyond textbooks. Our program bridges the gap between theory and practice by engaging in internships, projects, and real-world experiences. Our faculty works with each student to nurture not only their academic abilities but also their critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills essential for success in any field and to promote service in their lifework.
SECTION 1 Introduction to the Creation Village High School Program
At Creation Village World School, we believe in nurturing not only the minds but also the hearts and spirits of our high school students. Our commitment to providing a holistic Christian-based education sets us apart as a beacon of excellence, where academic achievement is harmoniously woven with spiritual growth, character development, and a sense of community.
Academic Excellence with a Christian Foundation:
- Rigorous Curriculum: Our high school curriculum is designed to challenge and inspire, providing a solid academic foundation across a spectrum of subjects.
- Biblical Integration: Immerse yourself in an educational environment where the teachings of the Bible are seamlessly woven into daily lessons, fostering a deep understanding of Christian values and principles.
- Chapel Services: Join our uplifting chapel services where students gather for worship, reflection, and spiritual encouragement.
- Bible Studies: Engage in meaningful discussions and exploration of scripture through regular Bible study sessions, fostering a personal relationship with faith.
Character Building and Ethics:
- Service Learning Projects: Embrace the call to serve others by participating in service learning projects, instilling a sense of compassion and responsibility towards the community.
- Ethical Decision-Making: Our students are empowered to make ethical choices in their daily lives, guided by Christian values and principles.
Global Perspectives with a Christian Lens:
- Mission Trips: Experience the transformative power of mission trips, where students engage in service and witness firsthand the impact of Christian outreach on a global scale.
- Cultural Understanding: Embrace diversity and cultural awareness through a curriculum that encourages an appreciation for different perspectives while grounding students in their Christian identity.
Dedicated Educators and Supportive Community:
- Experienced Faculty: Our passionate and experienced educators are committed to not only academic excellence but also the holistic development of each student.
- Small Class Sizes: Benefit from personalized attention and a supportive learning environment with small class sizes that foster strong teacher-student relationships.
Community and Fellowship:
- Faith-Based Community Events: Celebrate faith and fellowship through events, retreats, and activities that unite students, parents, and faculty in a supportive Christian community.
- Peer Support: Cultivate lifelong friendships with like-minded peers who share a commitment to academic excellence and Christian values.
Join us at Creation Village World School, where education goes beyond the classroom, shaping young minds, nurturing spirits, and inspiring a lifelong journey of faith, service, and academic achievement.
SECTION 2 What Creation Village High School Students Study
SECTION 3 Creation Village High School Assessment
Creation Village World School employs a diverse and holistic approach to student assessment, aiming to capture the multidimensional aspects of a student's development. Our assessment methods go beyond traditional exams and embrace a range of strategies that align with our commitment to academic excellence, character development, and spiritual growth.
- Standardized Testing: Periodic standardized tests are administered to gauge academic progress and ensure alignment with national and international educational standards.
- Classroom Assessments: Regular quizzes, assignments, and examinations are conducted to evaluate students' understanding of subject matter and encourage continuous learning.
- Research Projects: Students engage in in-depth research projects that not only demonstrate academic knowledge but also enhance critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Presentations and Portfolios: Public presentations and the creation of portfolios showcase students' abilities to apply knowledge and skills in real-world scenarios.
Practical Application and Laboratories:
- Laboratory Reports: In science and technology courses, students are assessed based on their performance in laboratory work, emphasizing practical application of theoretical concepts.
- Hands-On Projects: Practical assignments and projects allow students to demonstrate their understanding of STEM concepts in real-world contexts.
Fine Arts and Performing Arts Assessments:
- Artistic Portfolios: Students in fine arts and performing arts programs showcase their creative works through portfolios, performances, and exhibitions.
- Critiques and Evaluations: Constructive feedback from instructors and peers contributes to the assessment of artistic endeavors.
Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving:
- Case Studies: Students engage in case studies that require critical analysis and problem-solving, fostering skills essential for higher education and professional success.
- Debates and Discussions: Participation in debates and discussions assesses students' ability to articulate thoughts, analyze information, and defend their perspectives.
Global Perspectives and Cultural Competency:
- Multicultural Projects: Assessments include projects that explore global issues and promote cultural competency, encouraging students to appreciate diversity and interconnectedness.
- Language Proficiency: Assessments in language courses focus on written and verbal communication skills, emphasizing effective cross-cultural communication.
- Reflection Papers: Students engage in reflective writing to express personal growth, values, and spiritual experiences, fostering a connection between faith and daily life.
- Community Service Evaluation: Assessments of service learning projects measure students' commitment to community service and social responsibility.
Leadership and Character Assessments:
- Leadership Activities: Students involved in leadership programs are assessed based on their ability to lead, collaborate, and inspire others.
- Character Evaluation: Assessments consider the development of virtues such as integrity, empathy, and resilience, contributing to a holistic understanding of each student.
At Creation Village World School, our assessment practices are designed to provide a comprehensive view of each student's abilities, ensuring that they not only excel academically but also develop into well-rounded individuals with a strong foundation in Christian values.